Installing cubicles in your office can be an exciting time. It could mean that your business is growing, and you need to figure out how to fit everyone into your office space. Or it could mean that you are trying something new to increase the productivity in your office. Either way, change is exciting, but it also brings with it some new and unique challenges. Here are five things you should consider when installing cubicles in your office.
1. Your unique business. The most important thing to consider before installing cubicles in your office is the uniqueness of your business. For example, if you are a graphic design firm, you are going to want to design your cubicles to fit the types of workers you have. In this example, you may want to choose blank cubicles that are all one color, so your workers have nothing distracting them from their own creativity. Or, if you are an accounting firm, choosing cubicles that are unique to each person and brightly colored will help to keep them excited when they get to work and start crunching numbers. Think long and hard about the type of business that you operate, and choose your cubicle walls accordingly.
2. Commercial design. This relates to the first thing you should consider. When installing your cubicles, you should think about the overall commercial design of your office. Who should be situated where, which direction should the cubicles be facing, how many should go into each room. Choosing a professional commercial design company like Macbride Office Furniture is a great idea. The team at Macbride Office Furniture have expertise in commercial design. You can explain to them what you are thinking, and they can help you make it a reality.
3. Ergonomics. This is essentially the field of maximizing the type of furniture, equipment, and the work space to the particular person that will be working there. This can go as far as the placement of the computer in relation to everything else. The goal of ergonomics is to create a work space that feels the best and most convenient to the person who will be using it. Think these things through before you install your cubicles.
4. Light. Another thing to consider when you are installing cubicle walls in your office is the lighting of each particular room that they will be going in. Most people enjoy light, and the more of it they can have while they are working, the more productive they will become. Therefore, consider the lighting in each room before you start putting up the cubicle walls to ensure that each cubicle has come light coming into it. Your staff will really appreciate it.
5. Sounds. The final thing to consider is the sound in an office space. One of the main functions of cubicle walls is to decrease the ambient sound that each worker hears. Therefore, place the people who will be talking on their phones the most in the furthest most cubicles. Consider the sound before putting any of your cubicle walls up.